Picture caption: PEPSI® Dig In Day Returns To Have fun and Assist Black-Owned Eating places With Its Largest Festivities to Date, Together with Choosing Up The Tab for $100,000 in Meals for Foodies Throughout the Nation
The platform is kicking off a month of programming throughout Black Enterprise Month to encourage eating at Black-owned eating places with a block get together, dinner occasions, free meals at 25 eating places nationally, and extra
PEPSI® Dig In, the model’s platform designed to drive entry, enterprise progress, and consciousness to Black-owned eating places, returns with Pepsi Dig In Day, its annual calling to encourage diners throughout the nation to go to Black-owned eating places. This yr, Pepsi Dig In Day is on Saturday, August 19, timed to Nationwide Black Enterprise Month and is increasing its efforts to amplify and assist Black-owned eating places. New marquee actions throughout the nation embody a block get together in Washington, D.C. highlighting native Black companies, curated dinner occasions that includes cooks and restaurateurs in partnership with the James Beard Basis, and Pepsi Dig In masking $100,000 in free meals for shoppers once they go to choose eating places throughout the nation.
As well as, Pepsi Dig In is as soon as once more encouraging foodies to indicate the love on social media by posting a photograph of their meal from a Black-owned restaurant and tagging the eatery and Pepsi Dig In for the possibility to win $5,000 to dine at their favourite Black-owned eating places in addition to unlock a $5,000 donation to the restaurant.
“Our purpose for Pepsi Dig In has at all times been to have fun and generate consciousness for Black-owned eating places, not simply on Pepsi Dig In Day, however all yr lengthy,” says Scott Finlow, Chief Advertising and marketing Officer of PepsiCo World Foodservice. “This yr, we’re turning up the flavour and pleasure with the assist of famend companions just like the James Beard Basis and occasions like our Washington D.C. block get together the place folks can bask in scrumptious meals, cheer on proficient cooks, and take in the colourful tradition that accompanies each dish.”
Pepsi Dig In Day on August 19
This yr, Pepsi Dig In is giving meals lovers an opportunity to find each chew is Higher With Pepsi and discover extra methods to become involved and dine at Black-owned eating places throughout the nation, together with:
- Providing complimentary signature dishes at 25 eating places (whereas provides final) in main cities nationally. Pepsi Dig In is masking $100,000 in free meals to encourage diners to find Black-owned eating places and discover their various choices in cities together with Los Angeles, Nashville, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia and extra. Followers can go to EatOkra – the biggest database of Black-owned eating places – to search out collaborating areas and different institutions of their space. As well as, foodies can try Black and Cellular to order supply from Black-owned eating places of their native neighborhood.
- Internet hosting a Pepsi Dig In Day Block Celebration on August 19 in Washington D.C., already a metropolis that boasts one of many largest concentrations of Black-owned companies within the U.S., Pepsi Dig In is bringing its festivities to Anacostia – one of many nation’s historic African American neighborhoods. The block get together at Sandlot Anacostia will host performances by GRAMMY Award nominated artist Pusha T, Alex Vaughn, Black Alley, DJ Five9 and DJ Cash to convey locals collectively, create connections, and foster a way of group whereas spotlighting Black restaurateurs and small Black-owned companies. Featured native eating places embody Roaming Rooster, Jerk at Nite, Cash Muscle BBQ and extra.
- Giving followers the possibility to win $5,000 once they publish their meal on Instagram or Twitter and tag their favourite native Black-owned eatery and @PepsiDigIn with #DigInShowLove #Sweepstakes from August 1 to August 31. See Official Guidelines for particulars and restrictions.*
Extra Pepsi Dig In Programming
Past Dig In Day, Pepsi Dig In can also be encouraging diners to go to or order in from Black-owned eating places all through the month of August by:
- Spotlighting 4 Black cooks with week-long residencies throughout August at Platform by the James Beard Basis (JBF)—a present kitchen and occasion house for culinary arts programming in NYC—with reside cooking demonstrations, particular eating experiences, and workshops for shoppers. John Cleveland of Put up & Beam in Los Angeles, Shenarri Freeman of Cadence in New York Metropolis, Ricky Moore of Saltbox Seafood Joint in Durham, North Carolina, and Maya-Camille Broussard of Justice of the Pies in Chicago will showcase their abilities to a brand new food-loving viewers. Collectively, Pepsi Dig In and JBF will supply short-term and long-term instruments to drive the continued success for these restaurateurs.
- Partnering with greater than 40 company companions, as they provide staff a sponsored lunch from Black-owned eating places throughout Pepsi Dig In Company Week from August 14 to 18. Corporations embody: Nationwide Soccer League, Nationwide Basketball Affiliation, Nationwide Hockey League, Buffalo Payments, Chicago Blackhawks, Chicago Bulls, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Guardians, Dallas Cowboys, D.C. United, Detroit Tigers, Los Angeles Chargers, Los Angeles Soccer Membership, Los Angeles Rams, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Marlins, Motive, New England Patriots, New England Revolution, New Jersey Devils, Pittsburgh Steelers, Miami Dolphins, Washington Commanders, Denver Nuggets, Memphis Grizzlies, Miami Warmth, Orlando Magic, Arizona Diamondbacks, Baltimore Orioles, Kansas Metropolis Royals, Minnesota Twins, Colorado Avalanche, Tampa Bay Lightning, Minnesota United FC, Orlando Metropolis SC, Orlando Delight, James Beard Basis, Acceleration Group of Corporations, FUSE, Golin, Genesco Sports activities Enterprises, Determine 8, Bento Field, Intersport, and extra.
Pepsi Dig In continues its work year-round to assist and highlight Black-owned eating places, providing restaurateurs entry to Black Eating places Ship – a free eight-week program that gives personalised skilled consulting providers to assist eating places in constructing on-line ordering capabilities and search presence. With program administration by Determine 8, Black Eating places Ship upskills restaurateurs and their choices to extend gross sales and income long run to remain aggressive in at the moment’s ever evolving digital world. Up to now, this system has helped greater than 250 restaurant areas throughout the nation practically double their on-line gross sales. Moreover, Pepsi Dig In has partnered with world gaming and leisure firm MGM Resorts Worldwide to offer Black restaurateurs alternatives to be acknowledged on a nationwide scale with its Restaurant Royalty Residency program. In alignment with MGM Resorts’ commitments to higher inclusion, this initiative options proficient cooks and their curated, limited-edition menu objects for 4 weeks at specialty eating places at Mandalay Bay Resort and On line casino and Luxor Resort and On line casino in Las Vegas.
For additional info on Pepsi Dig In, followers can go to PepsiDigIn.com and observe @PepsiDigIn on Instagram, Fb, and Twitter for the newest updates.
About Pepsi Dig In
Pepsi Dig In is a platform designed to drive entry, enterprise progress, and consciousness to Black-owned eating places. Pepsi Dig In helps diners uncover, dine at, or order from Black-owned eating places whereas offering assets, mentorship, and coaching to Black restaurateurs. Using the size and attain of PepsiCo and its companions, Pepsi Dig In goals to create alternatives for Black-owned eating places to thrive.
Launched in 2020 as a part of PepsiCo’s Racial Equality Journey (REJ), the corporate dedicated $50 million to assist Black-owned companies over 5 years, a part of PepsiCo’s bigger REJ initiative totaling greater than $400 million to extend illustration throughout the firm, assist Black-owned companies, and assist to create financial alternatives within the communities it serves.
For extra info, go to pepsidigin.com and observe @pepsidigin on Twitter, Instagram and Fb.
PepsiCo merchandise are loved by shoppers multiple billion instances a day in additional than 200 nations and territories all over the world. PepsiCo generated greater than $86 billion in web income in 2022, pushed by a complimentary beverage and handy meals portfolio that features Lay’s, Doritos, Cheetos, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, Quaker, and SodaStream. PepsiCo’s product portfolio consists of a variety of satisfying meals and drinks, together with many iconic manufacturers that generate greater than $1 billion every in estimated annual retail gross sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our imaginative and prescient to Be the World Chief in Drinks and Handy Meals by Successful with pep+ (PepsiCo Optimistic). pep+ is our strategic end-to-end transformation that places sustainability and human capital on the heart of how we’ll create worth and progress by working inside planetary boundaries and galvanizing optimistic change for the planet and other people. For extra info, go to www.pepsico.com, and observe on Twitter, Instagram, Fb, and LinkedIn @PepsiCo.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Begins 8/1/23, 12:00:00 a.m. ET and ends 8/31/23, 11:59:59 p.m. ET. Open to authorized U.S. residents residing within the 50 US/DC who’re 18 or older (19 or older for AL/NE) on the time of entry. Void the place prohibited. To enter with out making a purchase order, e-mail [email protected] with “Pepsi Dig In Entry” within the Topic line and embody (a) your first and final title, full avenue deal with (no PO containers), day cellphone quantity, DOB and e-mail deal with; and (b) the title and deal with of the Black-owned restaurant you’d have tagged in case you had been coming into by way of Twitter or Instagram. Restrict one entry per particular person per day, no matter entry methodology. Topic to Official Guidelines: bit.ly/3CPMfga. Sponsor: Pepsi-Cola Firm, 700 Anderson Hill Highway, Buy, NY 10577.
SOURCE PepsiCo Drinks North America